Monday, August 3, 2009

My Big Man

Recently my new man has been having issues with me. Seems that when I've wanted him to pay attention in the past I might have poked him with my toe. Just a little nudge. Suddenly Cujo has come to visit. Couldn't figure out why all of a sudden he was acting up. Then I noticed that he is limping. Of course it is the same side he has presented to me when I've nudged him. Never noticed it before but then it is rather subtle. Apparently I've been hurting him and he isn't real forgiving. So we've been having some talks and things are getting better now. Doesn't hurt that I took him to the vet and they gave him some good drugs too. Have to keep him quiet and no running, for at least three weeks. Then we'll talk to the vet again and decide if he needs to have surgery. Let's all say a prayer that he does not need surgery, hate to have to do that to him. Vet thinks that he probably jumped too hard or ran into a hole when he and Ruf were out havin fun. He may have even been limping before he moved in since with his short legs you can't really tell, unless you are looking for it. He puts his foot down but when you go back and check his tracks in the sand, one paw-print isn't as clear as the rest.

A little update on my buddy. Since he's been given the pain pills he is much friendlier and he doesn't limp much at all. Hard to even tell there is something wrong with his leg. I'm so glad.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear he is on the mend! Poor little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Susan --
    Thanks for commenting and entering my oh-so-fabulous popsicle card giveaway. Jennifer was the grand prize winner, but I’ve decided to mail a popsicle card to everyone that entered. I’d love to send you one! If you could send me your address, I will put it in the mail. (I won’t advertise your address or anything – I’ll keep it top secret!) My email address is trek2@san.rr.com.

    Blessings,

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor guy! Glad he seems to be doing better, at least with the meds.

    ReplyDelete