Saturday, July 25, 2009

I read a post at Is Ray Wrong Ray asked what your mailbox says about you. I said that mine says I'm sick and tired of the punks messing with it.




Last winter our mailbox needed replacement 3 times. The neighbors had to replace theirs 5. Plastic ones hold up better. So my husband and the neighbor decided to create a holder for our boxes. Here they are working on it. If you look closely you will see that the white metal one has been shot. Luckily mine was furthest from the shooter so I only had one pellet go through mine.



Here is the finished product. Put up in January. Neither of us has had to replace our box since. Although the game of hit the mailbox with a baseball bat still goes on.

4 comments:

  1. Nice job "D" & neighbor. .
    I would say they (mailboxes) say, " Were here to say, get over it! ! !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rats....we don't get to make a statement with our mailbox - we have a community issued stack of 15.... BORING! Good luck with your new mailbox!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is probably an easier way for me to send you a note, but I don't know how to do it. I loved that quote - but didn't know the movie until I googled it. West Side Story? I think you need to toss a jiffy pop in your grocery cart on your next trip - you MUST do a jiffy pop at least once in your life! ;-) Let me know what you thought of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant!!!! We SO need to do that with ours!

    ReplyDelete