Friday, May 8, 2009

Show Time

As I look at the picture of the Sand Hill Crane I am reminded of last spring. I was working in my craft room, long before I had any feeders out there; when I heard the cranes making a racket quite nearby. I looked out the window and there they were just beyond the pile of dirt. I know it was spring time because he was showing off and looking for love. While I was watching them I realized I wasn’t alone in enjoying the show. All four of my dogs (this was before Katie came to live with us) were lying on the pile of dirt not 20 feet from the cranes. Now Sam and Ruff absolutely love to make any bird they see fly. But they were all laying on the hill watching. When the Cranes had decided they were done they just calmly walked away. All four dogs laid their heads down and went to sleep. It was almost like they said, “Ok, shows over, nap time.”

2 comments:

  1. Glad they were enjoying the show...I think my poodles would have tried to chase them away even though the birds probably weigh more and could probably win a fight....!

    ReplyDelete
  2. animals can sence things.. wonderful memory.. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete