Tuesday, February 22, 2011

More mojo

I also used to buy yarn or crafting supplies because I liked them and then would later figure out what to do with them. Big mistake now I have stashes of monumental proportions and they almost scare me. I've slowly been trying to destash.

I've finally admitted to myself that since I've started using "luxury" yarns the old cheap acrylics that I grew up with just will NOT do. Who knew that wool could be so soft, I always thought that wool was scratchy, and yes some of it is but then some of it...Oh so soft. The difference between quality and cheap. Also what I always thought of as nice cotton. Not so nice. I've found some that has been cleaned out better and there are no little pieces of the plant to snag and stick. Again the difference between quality and cheap.

I put all the stuff I didn't know what I wanted to do with in a bag and took it to my LYS where it was donated to a local church group who were making shawls. I don't think they realized just how much I was talking about when I said I'd bring them some. Now I just have to teach my husband that just because I like it, does not mean that I need to buy it now. Sometimes I'll decide that I just have no real use for something even if it is the most beautiful or softest yarn I've ever felt.

I have found the same thing with my paper crafts. I have Boxes and boxes of paper, ribbons, and assorted treasures all to be added to projects with no clear project in mind. Just stuff I had to have. Well I'm going to clean that out too. Just have to decide who would like snow themed papers, etc.

Then hubby started getting me cigar boxes. I have about half a dozen and don't know what to do with them. I'll have to figure something out cause I really like them. I've seen purses and stuff made out of them but usually the beautiful finish on the box itself is messed up. Hate for that to happen. Maybe I'll just have to make them into trinket boxes for me.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sue!

    Thanks for the sweet note - you made ME smile today! (And thanks for the heads-up that the looney bin is headed my way!)

    And in regards to your blog post - I have a stash of stuff too. Pom poms and red pipe cleaners and STUFF too valuable to throw away......!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! You crack me up! (And I had to google LMAO) So now I'm double cracking up!

    Hugs - Pam

    ReplyDelete