Friday, December 12, 2008




About two weeks ago this immature Eagle had landed on the power pole above my car. He sat there for about 2 hours. As you can see his head is not the true white of an adult and his back actually has some lighter feathers on it. His tail has no white yet. So he is obviously quite young. Beautiful though and large. The pole he is sitting on is about 8 inches in diameter.



This one was sitting on the other power pole today. It had been up on the hill earlier. D and I had gone shopping, when we left it had a rabbit and took it to the top of the house. The younger one flew off as we got closer. Unfortunately I did not have my camera at that time. Then when we came home this one was sitting on the pole and the young one was on the ground. I still didn't have my camera so we parked the car as the young one flew off. I ran into the house and was able to get this picture before this one flew off as well. There were several other birds on the ground with the younger one. They were obviously not eagles but instead this is what they were . .



That's right turkeys! They didn't seem to care how close we got so I walked right up on them. I just love living in the country. I live about 10 miles outside of town, a state forest is backed up to the property. The wild life is great! Just gotta make sure that little Ralph doesn't get introduced to the eagles.
Correction these are Turkey Buzzards. See what do I know?

No comments:

Post a Comment